This nomination is now closed.
The GRESB Foundation is seeking nominations from the Investor/Asset owner constituency to fill two (2) casual vacancies on the Board, starting as soon as possible. Applications are open from 24 May to 17 July 2022.
Established earlier this year, the GRESB Foundation operates independently from GRESB BV and is the owner of the Standards upon which GRESB assessments are based. Representing the Foundation’s formal decision-making body, the GRESB Foundation Board plays a critical role in the development of the Standards. It is tasked with governing and overseeing the development of the GRESB Standards while ensuring they remain mission-driven, industry representative and provide actionable and transparent environmental, social and governance (ESG) data to financial markets.
Our vision: An investment industry that plays a central role in creating a sustainable world
Our mission: To provide financial markets with actionable insights, ESG data and benchmarks
Tasks, responsibilities and time commitment
The Foundation Board’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Safeguarding the GRESB Standards so they remain industry-representative.
- Developing and maintaining the vision and strategy for the GRESB Standards.
- Setting, improving, reviewing and approving the GRESB Standards.
Participation in the GRESB Foundation Board is voluntary, with each board member being appointed for a three-year term, with the possibility of two (2) one-year extensions. Board members are expected to dedicate approximately up to 20 hours annually to attend 3 to 6 meetings, either in person or via web conference, which include the preparation phase and submitting comments. This, however, excludes time to travel to and from the in-person meeting locations.
Candidates are required to:
- Be representatives of GRESB Investor Members that are also Asset Owners.
- Possess demonstrated strategic expertise and industry leadership
- Have significant experience in ESG, the real asset industry and investing
- Understand and align with GRESB’s vision, mission and values
Ideal candidates will:
- Have previous governance group experience
- Have a demonstrated track record of industry leadership
The GRESB Foundation seeks to maintain diversity, from all regions across the world, focused on both developed economies and emerging markets and from small-to-large organizations by AuM. In accordance with the Board Terms of reference, representatives of the Investor members that are also Asset Owners* are sought for replacing the currently casual vacancies and maintaining the required constituency balance.
For more information, please see the Foundation Board terms of reference.