We’re excited to announce that the Transition Risk Report and TCFD Report are now available to members.
The GRESB Transition Risk Report shows real estate portfolio managers which of their assets are most exposed to climate-related transition risk and how this may affect their portfolio over time, at both a country and global level.
To learn more about the Transition Risk Report or to schedule a demo, please visit gresb.com/transition.
The GRESB TCFD Alignment Report helps participants of any of the three GRESB Assessments – Real Estate, Infrastructure Fund, and Infrastructure Asset – to tackle reporting challenges related to the Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD).
Learn more about the TCFD Alignment Report or schedule a demo at gresb.com/TCFD.
You can now request a Response Check in the GRESB Portal via the Shop icon. Response Checks will be carried out by our Validation Partner, SRI, and feature a careful review of your Assessment response followed by a 1-hour discussion call. We strongly encourage participants to place their requests and schedule their call as early as possible because there are a fixed number of appointments and it is not uncommon for requests to surpass availability. The request can be placed in the Portal as soon as the 2022 Assessment has been started. You can find out more about Response Checks here.
The GRESB Foundation is seeking nominations to fill two (2) casual vacancies on the GRESB Foundation Board. Applications are open from 24 May to 23 June 2022.
For more details on the nomination process, click here.
The GRESB Foundation is pleased to announce that it has completed the appointment of the Expert Resource Groups. These groups support the work of the GRESB Foundation by providing technical expertise, industry resources, and guidance through various Working Groups, which will be formed as they are needed. You can find more information and see which individuals were selected in our update here.
Through GRESB Insights, we seek to highlight case studies on ESG integration in real assets, data-driven analyses of how the industry is responding to sustainability challenges, and educational articles exploring topics covered in the GRESB Assessments.
Below are the latest GRESB Insights:
Share & tear: Undervaluing common resources | Hoare Lea
ESG data is growing up | EVORA Global
Quality data is the future of ESG | WatchWire
Beyond the carbon footprint: biodiversity is the (near) future of ESG | Schneider Electric
Our editorial calendar includes both fixed monthly topics. The editorial topic for June is “Engagement around ESG”. If you would like to contribute to #GRESBinsights, you can find the submission form on this page here.
ESG Fundamentals for Real Estate | May 31 | Virtual
- This webinar will take attendees through the key drivers, impacts, and associated acronyms (real estate does love them) to provide the first step in the EVORA Academy webinar series.
TCFD: Is it That Deep? | June 7 | Virtual
- Focussing on climate risk, EVORA will discuss why it’s important to consider both the top-down strategy and bottom-up management of climate risk, how an understanding of risks and opportunities contribute to overall climate resilience, and what is required of a ‘TCFD preparer’ when it comes to disclosing at different levels.
Infralogic Investors Forum Spain | June 7 | Madrid
- A brand new event connecting the Spanish infrastructure community with new deal opportunities and deep analysis of market trends!
PERE Europe Summit | June 14 – 16 | London
- Connect with the region’s most influential institutional investors, fund and asset managers, developers, and strategic partners to scale and align your investment strategies to the essential real estate of the future.
RI Japan 2022 | May 24 – May 25
- Join opinion leaders from Japan and abroad to discover how urgent theoretical and practical issues can marry with the vision for a new era of capitalism in a sustainability-conscious world.
2022 ULI Asia Pacific Summit | May 24 – May 26 | Hong Kong
- Despite the challenges Hong Kong has faced in the past years, it has remained resilient and is on the rebound. The program is set to be a celebration of the city’s strengths with global themes that offer vision and optimism for our industry.
PERE Asia Summit 2022 | May 31 – June 2 | Singapore
- A three-day summit for networking and industry-leading content, that will help you secure capital allocations for global real estate investments and be at the forefront of Asian markets.
- Jeehee (GRESB Asia representative) speaker
ESG in Real Estate Summit 2022 | June 8 – June 9 | Virtual & Sydney
- The event will focus on what you need to do to be on top of investors, financiers, and business partners’ expectations regarding decision-useful ESG data, ESG reporting, and ESG integrated enterprise processes.
Infrastructure Investor Japan Korea Week 2022 | June 14 – June 16 | Virtual & Tokyo, Seoul
- Join us to gain peer-to-peer insights and knowledge share with industry leaders. Gain instant access to the most influential network of Japanese and Korean investors and global fund managers to expand your network and advance your fundraising.
IGCC 2022 Climate Change Investment and Finance Summit | June 16 – June 17 | Sydney
- IGCC will again bring together leading experts and market practitioners to unpack and discuss the latest and next generation of investor practice on climate change.
ANREV Annual Conference | June 23 | Virtual & Singapore
- The conference will bring together some of the world’s leading real estate investors to discuss the global outlook for the sector and Asia Pacific’s position in the post-pandemic recovery.
ESG & Decarbonizing Real Estate Forum | July 12-13 | California
- Explore all of the issues surrounding ESG including impacts on development and investment, best practices to improve your ESG score; manage disclosures and reporting; strategies around closing the gap between profitability, sustainability, and making real commitments to social change.
For a more detailed overview of upcoming events please visit our events page.
Explore a career with us
GRESB is growing and looking for new people! Check out our careers page to see all of our job postings.
Our most recently added open positions:
What we are reading
- The SBTi’s 2021-2025 strategy aims to close the current ambition and emissions gap by massively scaling up 1.5°C-aligned corporate climate action in the next three years, especially in the areas where it has been lacking to date – the heaviest-emitting sectors and emerging markets.
- Renewable electricity capacity additions broke another record in 2021 and biofuels demand almost recovered to pre-Covid levels, despite the continuation of logistical challenges and increasing prices.
- Nigeria’s vice-president says they cannot demand more stringent actions than they will commit to themselves.
- The UN chief denounced that fact that fossil fuel interests are now ‘cynically’ using the war in Ukraine to lock in a high carbon future, noting that financial and technical obstacles to the deployment of renewable energy are hurting many developing countries.