What’s new in October
The 2022 GRESB Real Estate and Infrastructure Assessment Results are now available on the GRESB website.
This year’s public results feature interactive charts and graphs to help you better understand and engage with our data. You can toggle between regions and years and learn more about historical trends in our data and year-over-year changes by market.
Key real estate insights:
- The 2022 real estate benchmark saw the largest ever growth in total numbers, with 1,820 entities now participating worldwide, covering USD 6.9 trillion of gross asset value (GAV) across 74 countries. Significant growth was focused in the Americas (30%) and Europe (16%).
- Average GRESB scores increased by a point to 74 for the Standing Investments Benchmark and by two points to 81 in the Development Benchmark.
Key infrastructure insights:
- This year saw another large increase in asset participation, with the Infrastructure Asset Assessment growing by 17% to include 652 assets and the GRESB Infrastructure Fund Assessment recording an 11% growth to cover 166 funds across 70 countries.
- Overall, the GAV reporting to GRESB more than doubled since 2019, with USD1.1 trillion of GAV in 2022 for infrastructure assets and around USD 662 billion of GAV for infrastructure funds, for a total of approximately USD 1.7 trillion.
Watch On-Demand: 2022 GRESB Global Results Events
The 2022 GRESB Global Results Events took place earlier this month and we would like to thank our attendees for their active participation and engagement.
The events are now available on YouTube via the links below:
GRESB Regional Insights
Our GRESB Regional Insights events in collaboration with our partners will dive deeper into regional results and the important topics various markets face. See a full list of upcoming 2022 GRESB Regional Insights events below:
- Korea (real estate & infrastructure) with Inogen Alliance
- Oceania (infrastructure) with GHD Advisory
- France (real estate) with OID
- Brazil (real estate) with Verdani, CTE, and GBC Brasil
- Hong Kong (real estate) with AEC
- Oceania (real estate) with Colliers
- Malaysia (real estate) with Zerin Habitat
- China (real estate) with Cushman & Wakefield
- EMEA (real estate) with Deepki
- Japan (real estate) with CSR Design
- EMEA (infrastructure) with Position Green
- Asia (real estate) with CBRE
- UK (real estate) with Verco and IPF
Foundation Update 2023 GRESB Standards
2023 GRESB Standards
The GRESB Foundation Board is pleased to share that all changes for the 2023 GRESB Standards have been approved. This decision was taken at a recent GRESB Foundation Board meeting held on September 14, 2022, where the Board reviewed the proposed changes for the 2023 Standards, as recommended by the Real Estate and Infrastructure Standards Committees. The changes were publicly released on October 27, 2022. Please visit this page for a detailed description of the process, the objectives, and the changes, as well as additional resources.
This is an important outcome of the new GRESB Standards Development Process, which puts the voice and priorities of GRESB members and partners at the forefront of this work.
GRESB Foundation Update & 2023 Standards Changes Events
Join us online on November 29 & November 30 for the GRESB Foundation Update & 2023 Standards Changes events to learn more about the new governance structure, the GRESB Standards Development Process, and the changes for the 2023 GRESB Standards.
The program will feature a Q&A session and we encourage attendees to actively participate and submit their questions both prior to and during the event.
Foundation Board member profiles
Last month, we launched a series of Foundation Board member profiles to give GRESB members and partners insights into the priorities and work of the Foundation and to get to know each board member. The profiles will provide insights into the member’s motivation for joining the Board, the future of ESG, and how his or her organization approaches responsible investing. View this month’s Board member profiles below:
CRREM public consultation period on V2 Global Pathways open until November 10, 2022
CRREM launched a public consultation on V2 of the Global Decarbonization pathways. Interested stakeholders can download the draft V2 pathways and access the public consultation survey link by visiting the CRREM website. The GRESB Foundation is also engaging with CRREM on this matter and will continue to monitor the developments of the Global Decarbonization Pathways.
Through GRESB Insights, we seek to highlight case studies on ESG integration in real assets, data-driven analyses into how the industry is responding to sustainability challenges, and educational articles exploring topics covered in the GRESB Assessments.
This year we have expanded the scope of the GRESB editorial calendar to include both fixed monthly topics and the opportunity for partners and members to contribute to topics of sustained interest to the wider community. For more, see our 2022 GRESB editorial calendar.
The theme this month is “Success Stories and Best Practices.’’ Below are the latest GRESB Insights:
- Best Practices for Adopting Sustainable Business Practices and Sharing Your Progress | WatchWire
- On the road again: Five best practices for your 2023 GRESB submission | Longevity Partners
- The Increasing Role of Health in ESG | International WELL Building Institute
- Australian ports: Opportunities and challenges of decarbonization | GHD Advisory
- Tips and Tricks to Ace Your SBT Submission | Schneider Electric
Greenbuild International Conference + Expo 2022 | November 1-3, 2022 | San Francisco, USA
Join GRESB’s Dan Winters, Senior Director, for a panel discussion on “The Great Convergence: Green Building, ESG, and Sustainable Finance.”
Asia Pacific Real Assets Leaders’ Congress 2022 | November 8-10, 2022 | Singapore
The Asia Pacific Real Assets Leaders’ Congress gathers top business leaders, trailblazers, and key market players in the region who will share best practices and discuss the latest innovations that will shape the future of the real assets industry.
Real Estate Innovation Festival | November 9-10, 2022 | Sydney, Australia
Join Rick Walters, Chief of Standards & Innovation at GRESB, who will be moderating the panel discussion: “Decarbonizing new commercial buildings and applying ESG to retrofits.”
Use our unique promo code for a 10% discount: REIF10SPK
PERE America Summit 2022 | November 15-16, 2022 | New York, USA
Join GRESB’s Dan Winters, Senior Director, who will be discussing how to satisfy requirements and deliver returns sustainably in real estate.
Green Building Council Brasil – Conferência Internacional 2022 | November 21 – December 5, 2022 | Online
Join Victor Fonseca, Real Estate Associate at GRESB, online at the GBC International Conference where he will be sharing important ESG insights and GRESB results for Brazil. This conference is held in Portuguese.
Careers at GRESB
GRESB is growing and looking for new people! Please feel free to share with your network.
Our most recently added open positions:
- Project Leader – Private Equity | Amsterdam
- Infrastructure Associate, ESG | Amsterdam
- Senior QA Engineer | Amsterdam
- Sustainability (ESG) Associate, Real Estate | Amsterdam
- Manager, Business Development (Investor Members) – EMEA | Amsterdam
- Sales Manager Asia – Infrastructure (Sustainability) | Singapore
- Climate Change Analyst | Amsterdam
- Sales Director Americas – Infrastructure (Sustainability) | New York
- Account Manager, Member Relations | Amsterdam
- Member (Customer) Success Manager | Amsterdam
- Senior Data Engineer | Amsterdam
- Senior Software Engineer | Amsterdam
What GRESB is reading
Infrastructure Monitor 2022 | Global Infrastructure Hub