Supported by RE Tech Advisors
Greetings to our GRESB Americas community
Happy summer to all GRESB Americas participants, investors, and partners! We hope you are enjoying some sun after a busy reporting season. At GRESB, we are hard at work validating, compiling, and preparing all of the 2023 Assessment data for the final results release this fall.
We are once again delighted to set a new record for the number of firms and funds contributing to GRESB this year. During our 2023 Global Results Event and Regional Insights events we’ll share details and insights behind this year’s submission data. Thanks to all participants, new and returning, for a smooth reporting season. We also extend our gratitude to the deep roster of GRESB partners who support many participants in gathering and organizing the underlying data.
A few key items coming up for all GRESB participants, investors, and partners to mark on their calendars:
- September 1: Preliminary Benchmark Reports will be made available for viewing by participants via the GRESB Portal
- September 1-15: Start of the “Review Period.” Participants can opt for a review of their Benchmark Reports for potential errors or other related issues
- October 1: Final Benchmark Reports are released to participants and investors via the GRESB Portal
- October 17: GRESB Global Results Event (more below).
Everyone on the GRESB Americas team is working hard to push the entire industry forward, and we are so proud of the work done by all participants to improve their sustainability efforts. Progress is what we are all seeking and we are honored to play a role in that process. Please reach out to your GRESB Americas representative if there is any way we can be helpful.
Head of Americas
Navigating climate risk
Climate risk identification, evaluation, mitigation, and reporting is a critical task that real estate professionals can leverage to stay ahead of industry compliance, ease investor concerns, and strengthen their performance. GRESB Global Partner RE Tech Advisors helps its clients devise strategies and action plans to address risk and institute best practices.
With GRESB scoring including climate risk questions for the first time in 2023 and proposed legislation from the US Securities and Exchange Commission requiring the disclosure of risk in alignment with the Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures, real estate professionals and asset managers must prepare to identify, evaluate, and mitigate climate risk.
Global Results Event & Regional Insights
With the reporting season now behind us, we are excited to invite you to the GRESB Global Results Event, taking place online across four sessions on October 17, 2023.
Real assets have been significantly exposed to global issues over the last year. Fires, floods, heat waves, and post-COVID economic shocks have all taken a toll. These, combined with energy security concerns and pockets of political grandstanding, present investors and managers with a complex set of sustainability issues and opportunities.
What does this all mean for you and your sustainability-related efforts? Join us as we dive into the important topics of the day:
- Our annual update on the state of real asset sustainability and ESG
- The evolution of GRESB and a response to a complex ESG landscape
- Top development priorities of the GRESB Foundation and the GRESB Standards
- This year’s benchmark results, at a global and regional level
- Achievements and leaders across the GRESB community
To help facilitate participation across time zones, this year’s GRESB Global Results Event will feature four online sessions — two for each asset class.
Following the Global Results Event, you can join GRESB and our co-hosting partners in person at one of the GRESB Regional Insights events in the Americas region. See a full list below:\
- 2023 Regional Insights: New York – Real Estate with Longevity Partners | November 14
- 2023 Regional Insights: Toronto – Real Estate with Longevity Partners and REALPAC | November 2
- 2023 Regional Insights: Chicago – Real Estate with Conservice | October 26
- 2023 Regional Insights: Orange County – Real Estate with Conservice | November 29
New GRESB Americas Partners
We would like to extend a warm welcome to our newest GRESB Americas Partners:
- Arcadis | Global Partner
- CodeGreen Solutions | Premier Partner
- Stok | Premier Partner
- UL Solutions | Premier Partner
- ActivePure | Partner
- Atrius® | Acuity Brands | Partner
- HydroPoint Data Systems | Partner
- Keter Environmental Services | Partner
- Logan Valuation | Partner
- Mantis Innovation | Partner
- BREEA | Industry Partner
Fannie Mae survey
Fannie Mae is conducting the 2023 Multifamily Energy and Water Survey, an essential data collection initiative focusing on energy and water consumption and property characteristics for multifamily properties.
The survey results support the 1-100 scoring system for the ENERGY STAR Score and EPA Water Score, which are crucial for North American multifamily buildings.
We are collaborating with Fannie Mae to expand this effort and increase the 2023 sample size. Your participation is invaluable in achieving this goal. The survey deadline has been extended to August 30, 2023.
We encourage all North American multifamily portfolio owners to participate in the 2023 Fannie Mae Multifamily Energy and Water Survey, leveraging your 2023 GRESB response.
Upcoming Americas events
PEI Responsible Investment Forum | PEI
September 19-20, 2023 | San Francisco, CA
CREtech New York 2023 | CREtech
September 21, 2023 | New York, NY
20% discount code: GRESB20CLIMATE
Road to 2024: Unpacking GRESB Results to Level Up Your ESG Program | Stok
September 7, 2023 | Online
Sustainanble Investment Forum – North America 2023 | Climate Action
September 19, 2023 | New York, NY
Greenbuild International Conference & Expo 2023 | Greenbuild
September 26-29, 2023 | Washington, DC
ICMA Annual Conference 2023 | ICMA
September 30 – October 4, 2023 | Austin, TX
IREM Global Summit 2023 | IREM
October 9-12, 2023 | Toronto, Canada
PREA 33rd Annual Institutional Investor Conference | PREA
October 18-20, 2023 | Boston, MA
"*" indicates required fields